Forgot your password
Follow these steps to reset your password.
- Go to https://secure.login.gov.
- Select the “Forgot your password?” link near the bottom of the page.
- On the next screen, enter your email address.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Check your email for a message from Login.gov.
- Click the “Reset your password” button in the message. This will take you back to the Login.gov website.
Enter your new password.
Passwords must be at least 12 characters. That’s it! There are no other restrictions. You can even use more than one word with spaces to get to 12 characters. Try using a phrase or a series of words that only you recognize.
Your Login.gov password should be different from passwords you use for other accounts such as your bank account or email. Using the same password for many accounts makes identity theft easier.
- Click the “Change password” button.