Change the phone number associated with your account
Follow these steps to change the phone number associated with your account.
- Enter your email address at https://secure.login.gov.
- Enter your password.
- Click the “Sign in” button.
- Enter your authentication method.
- Select “Add phone number.”
- Enter the new phone number.
- Please do not use a web-based (VOIP) phone number.
- Check the “Default phone number” box if you want this number to be your default.
- The default phone number will be the primary phone number associated with your account. If you use SMS/text codes to authenticate and sign in, those codes will be sent to the default phone number.
- Click “Continue” and follow the prompts to confirm your changes.