How to add images of your state-issued ID
A clear picture of your state-issued ID is required to complete the identity verification process. For best results, we recommend using a phone to automatically take a photo of the front and back of your ID. If you are verifying your identity on a computer, you will be able to switch to a phone for this part of the process.
Tips for taking photos of your ID with a camera
- Do use a high resolution camera (8 megapixel or higher). Most phone or tablet cameras will work, your computer webcam may not. We recommend you use your mobile device.
- Do use a solid, dark background.
- Do show the edges of the ID in the photo.
- Do take a clear photo without shadows, glares, reflections or blur.
- Do check that barcodes are not damaged or dirty.
- Do take the photo in a well lit area with indirect light.
- Don’t use your flash.
- Don’t crop the background.
Tips for uploading or scanning your ID:
- Follow the same tips for taking photo\s of your ID with a camera
- Save each file as a JPG or PNG. You cannot use a PDF file. Look at the name of your file and it should have an abbreviation after the title (ex: JohnDoeID_Front.jpg)
- Make sure your ID takes up about 80% of the images
- Make sure your images are high-resolution (around 2025 x 1275 pixels is ideal)
- Images should be in color (24-bit RGB)