Simple, secure online access for the public
Login.gov adds the public’s one account for government to your agency.
Users create one account to access all your digital services with multi-factor authentication.
Learn about authentication
Verify the right person has access to the right information with secure identity verification.
Learn about identity verification
Multilingual user support
Comprehensive, multilingual support for your end-users 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Learn about user support
Learn more about our services and the planned direction of the program via the Login.gov Program Roadmap
Use our checklist to see if partnership is right for you:
- You are part of a federal agency or a state, local, or territory government
- You want to securely authenticate users to your application(s) and/or verify their identity
- You want to protect your users’ accounts with strong multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- You want to protect your users' privacy through encryption
- Your application(s) can integrate with the SAML or OpenID Connect (OIDC) web-based identity protocols
- You are looking for a highly secure (FedRAMP Moderate) identity solution
Login.gov works closely with NIST to stay current on the latest guidelines, recommendations, and best practices. Our goal is to remove the agency burden of compliance with these standards, so you can focus on your specific mission and those you serve.
Our FedRAMP Moderate Authority to Operate (ATO) Login.gov has a FedRAMP Moderate ATO issued by the U.S. General Services Administration. Our SSP/Control Implementation Survey/Customer Responsibility Matrix is available through the FedRAMP marketplace.