Privacy & security
Messaging terms and conditions
login.gov uses SMS text messaging to help verify your identity when you create a new account. SMS text messages, or automated voice calls, may also be used if you choose your telephone number as one of your authentication methods.
SMS terms and conditions
- login.gov provides an authentication service and will not use text or voice messaging for any other purpose.
- Your carriers messaging and data rates may apply.
- Messages will only be sent as part of setting up and signing into your login.gov account.
- You may contact customer care here or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To opt out of receiving text messages from login.gov reply with the message STOP to the unwanted text message.
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.