Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Accepted State-Issued Identification

At this time, only the following state-issued identification is accepted: 

  • Driver’s license from all 50 states, the District of Columbia (DC), and other US territories (Guam, US Virgin Islands, Mariana Islands and Puerto Rico)
  • A non-driver’s license state-issued ID card

    • This is an identity document issued by the state, the District of Columbia (DC), or US territory that asserts identity but does not give driving privileges.

You cannot verify your identity on without a state-issued ID. We’re currently working to add more ways to verify your identity.

In the meantime, please contact the partner agency’s help center to find out what you can do.

Verify your identity

Back to top