How do I sign in if I don’t have my authentication methods (phone, backup codes, authentication app, etc.)?
If you don’t have or can’t use your authentication method (your phone, backup codes, authentication app, or personal key), you can still sign in to your account.
If you lost access to your default authentication method, but still have access to one of your backup authentication methods, use the steps below:
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on “Choose another option”
- Select the option that you have available
- Click on “Continue” and follow the steps to sign in
If you lost access to all of your authentication methods forever, you will need to reset your account. Use the steps below:
- Delete your account
- If you are a USAJOBS users, contact USAJOBS to unlink your old account
- Create a new account using the same email address
- Relink your applications